SPEAK MODalities LLC
- Business: Software for Autism
- CEO: Michael Zentner
- Founded: 2013
- Use Of Funds:
- Sustaining our ability to deliver these important societal benefits by building sales and marketing capabilitydistributing software and tabletsand innovating new products
SPEAK MODalities LLC creates tablet software that is scientifically proven to help children with autism learn to communicate. Our SPEAKall! software uses images to allow children to first learn symbolic communication and then learn vocalization. Our SPEAKmore! software advances children further by teaching them how to generalize and produce novel sentences that combine nouns, verbs, and adjectives in ways they have never done before. Our applications change lives significantly:
- 1 in 68 newborns are affected by autism in the US. Up to 2/3 of these children will not develop sufficient communication skills to support daily life needs.
- The total cost of autism to schools, families, and insurance in the US is estimated at $268 billion annually. Teaching effective communication will lessen the lifetime cost of care of severely affected individuals, a savings of up to $53 billion annually.
- Parents, children, and caretakers experience a significant improvement in quality of life when communication is established.
Our software has been recognized by 11 international and national research and innovation awards, including among others, the 2017 Edison Gold Award, the 2016 R&D 100 Award, and the 2015 Best of Education Tech Award. SPEAK MODalities is seeking strategic partnerships that can greatly increase our ability to reach families in need of our software while increasing our capacity to continually innovate new offerings that help enable children with autism to participate more fully in society. SPEAK MODalities also seeks grant funding and equity investment to help build a sales and marketing organization, to distribute software and devices, and to further advance its product offerings.